TRICARE Young Adult-Standard Option Costs
TRICARE Young Adult Standard premium rates start each year on January 1. The current premium through December 2014 is:
Paying Monthly Premiums
You must submit a two-month premium payment with your completed form to start. Your first premium payment can be paid by:
- Money order or cashier's check (made payable to your regional contractor)
- Credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard)
After your first payment, you must pay your premiums by:
- Automatic payment through an electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Recurring debit or credit card payment (Visa or MasterCard)
Annual Outpatient Deductible
You must meet the annual outpatient deducible each fiscal year before TRICARE begins to pay. The fiscal year starts on October 1.
- Active Duty Families:
- Sponsor rank E4 and below: $50 per person, but no more than $100 per family
- Sponsor rank E5 and above: $150 per person, but no more than $300 per family
- All Others:
- $150 per person, but no more than $300 per family
You won't need to meet your annual outpatient deductible if:
- You're a family member of a National Guard/Reserve member and
- The National Guard/Reserve member is on active duty for more than 30 days in support of a contingency operation
You'll pay a cost share based on the type of care and provider you see - network or non-network. Non-network providers may charge up to 15% more than the TRICARE allowable charge. You are also responsible for these extra charges.
Some inpatient cost shares change each fiscal year starting October 1. The costs below start October 1, 2013.
Your cost shares for TRICARE Young Adult Standard are the same as the cost shares for TRICARE Standard and Extra.