TRICARE Young Adult-Standard Option Costs
The current monthly premium is $181 per month.
Paying Monthly Premiums
- When you first enroll, you pay a two-month premium payment by check, money order or cashier's check, or credit/debit card.
- After that, premiums are paid automatically by an electronic funds transfer (EFT) or recurring debit/credit card.
Annual Outpatient Deductible
Cost sharing begins after you meet the annual outpatient deducible each fiscal year. The fiscal year starts on October 1.
- Active Duty Families:
- Sponsor rank E4 and below: $50 per person, but no more than $100 per family
- Sponsor rank E5 and above: $150 per person, but no more than $300 per family
- All Others:
- $150 per person, but no more than $300 per family
You won't need to meet your annual outpatient deductible if:
- You're a family member of a National Guard/Reserve member and
- The sponsor is on active duty for more than 30 days in support of a contingency operation
Your cost share is based on:
- Where you get care—in the U.S. or overseas
- Your sponsor's military status—active duty, Guard/Reserve or Retired
TRICARE Young Adult-Standard costs shares are the same as those for TRICARE Standard and Extra or TRICARE Standard Overseas: