TRICARE Young Adult-Standard Option Costs
TRICARE Young Adult-Standard Option premium rates are adjusted annually on a calendar year basis.
- 2013 Monthly Premiums: $152 per month
- 2014 Monthly Premiums (beginning January 2014): $156 per month
Paying Monthly Premiums
- Your initial premium payment (equal to two months) can be paid by personal check, cashier's check, money order (made payable to your regional contractor), or credit/debit card.
- After the initial payment, premiums must be paid in advance electronically through a checking or savings account funds transfer or an automatic debit/credit card charge.
Annual Outpatient Deductible
When you select the Standard Option, you must meet the annual outpatient deducible each fiscal year (FY) (October 1 - September 30) before cost sharing begins:
- Active Duty Families:
- Sponsor rank E4 and below: $50 per individual, but no more than $100 per family
- Sponsor rank E5 and above: $150 per individual, but no more than $300 per family
- All Others:
- $150 per individual, but no more than $300 per family
Note: The annual outpatient deductible is waived for family members of National Guard/Reserve members who are called to active duty for more than 30 days in support of a contingency operation.
You're responsible to pay a cost share based on the type of care and type of provider (network vs. non-network). Non-network providers may charge up to 15% above the TRICARE allowable charge. You are also responsible for these extra charges.
Some inpatient cost shares are subject to change each FY. The costs below are effective October 1, 2013.
The cost shares for the TRICARE Young Adult-Standard Option are the same as the cost shares for TRICARE Standard and Extra.