TRICARE Young Adult Prime Costs
- The current monthly premium is $306 per month (through December 31, 2016).
Paying Monthly Premiums
- When you first enroll, you'll pay two-month premium payment by check, money order or cashier's check or debit/credit card.
- After that, premims are paid automatically by an electronic funds transfer (EFT) or recurring debit/credit card
Active Duty Sponsors
If your sponsor is on active duty:
- You pay nothing out-of-pocket for any type of care
- Unless you get care without a referral, then you will pay point-of-service charges
If your sponsor is retired:
- You pay the copayments below for care from TRICARE network provider
- If you get care without a referral, then you'll pay point-of-service charges
- Your costs are for care from civilian primary care managers (PCMs) or for care received with a PCM referral, when required.
Enrolled in TRICARE Young Adult?
Newborn care is not covered unless the father of the child is a uniformed service member.
*Ancillary services include:
- Diagnostic radiology and ultrasound
- Diagnostic nuclear medicine
- Pathology and laboratory services
- Cardiovascular studies
- Collection of blood samples
- Fetal monitoring