Proof of Minimum Essential Coverage
For Tax Year 2015
- The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) will report your health care coverage to the IRS
- You will get IRS Form 1095 which documents minimum essential coverage for you and your family members
- You can opt to get the form electronically by using myPay.
- Click on the link “Turn On/Off Hard Copy of IRS Form 1095.”
- Select “Electronic Delivery Only.”
- If you don’t have a myPay account, you will get the form by mail.
Visit the Internal Revenue Service for more information. You may qualify for an exemption to having minimum essential coverage.
Keep DEERS Updated
You must keep your information updated in DEERS. Add the Social Security numbers (SSN) for all family members. This is how DFAS will report minimum essential coverage to the IRS.
To add a family member's SSN in DEERS, you need to:
>>Find an ID Card Office
Learn more about minimum essential coverage.
Watch the Video: Affordable Care Act and Service Members