Proof of Minimum Essential Coverage
You don’t need to request proof of coverage to show that you have minimum essential coverage.
For Tax Year 2014
- The Department of Defense (DoD) won’t report health care coverage of service members, their dependents, or DoD civilian workforce
- You have to report your health care coverage on the tax form you file
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service for more info
Keep DEERS Updated
It’s important that you keep your information updated in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Remember to add Social Security numbers (SSN) for all family members.
To add a family member's SSN in DEERS, you need to:
>>Find an ID Card Office
Need Help With Your Tax Forms?
You can download the IRS publication, “Health Care Law: What’s New for Individuals and Families?” for help with your tax forms for 2014. The publication:
- Covers some of the tax provisions of the Affordable Care Act
- Explains how you satisfy your individual shared responsibility provision
- Explains how you may qualify for an exemption
- Provides information about the new premium tax credit
- Includes a glossary and list of tax forms
Watch the Video: Affordable Care Act and Service Members