Bread Crumbs

Proof of Minimum Essential Coverage

You don’t need to request proof of coverage or a certificate of creditable coverage to show that you have minimum essential coverage.

For tax year 2014:

  • The Department of Defense (DoD) won’t report health care coverage of service members, their dependents, or DoD civilian workforce
  • You have to report your health care coverage on the tax form you file 
  • Visit the Internal Revenue Service for more info

Keep DEERS Updated

It’s important that you keep your information updated in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).  Remember to update Social Security numbers for all family members in DEERS.  

Last Updated 11/13/2014